Meet the Couple
- The Bride | Erin is a pediatric physical therapist originally from Nicholasville, KY.
- The Groom | Hogan is a Sanitation Supervisor originally from Cadiz, KY.
- Honeymoon Destination | Secrets Silversands Resort in Cancun, Mexico
- First Dance Song | The Rest of Our Life by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Erin, tell us your story…
TELL US YOUR ENGAGEMENT STORY
Hogan proposed on the front of a cruise ship after spending the day riding ATVs in Ensenada, Mexico. Hogan got down on one knee at sunset and popped the question on October 10, 2017. I, of course, said yes!
WHERE DID YOU GATHER INSPIRATION FROM FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY?
After picking a spring wedding date, I knew I wanted my wedding to be all about bright colorful flowers. I built the entire look around the flowers. Since I’m a planner by nature and had been dreaming of my wedding day since I was young I had a pretty good idea of what I want. I then used pictures from Pinterest to help bring my ideas to life.
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR WEDDING AT WARRENWOOD MANOR?
I had always dreamed of a beach wedding, but after taking a tour of Warrenwood I fell in love with its beauty and charm. I had looked at several other wedding venues in central Kentucky but nothing felt right like Warrenwood Manor. Luckily, Hogan loved it too!
OF ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS OF YOUR WEDDING DAY, WHICH DO YOU CHERISH THE MOST?
I loved our ceremony when we were exchanging our vows and our first dance. During these moments we felt like we were the only two people on the planet, even though everyone at the wedding had all eyes on us. It’s an amazing feeling to share with your spouse.
WHAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAPPENED ON YOUR WEDDING DAY?
Several funny things happened during our wedding day, but the funniest was probably when I tossed my bouquet at the reception and it got stuck in the chandelier!
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A NEWLY ENGAGED COUPLE STARTING THE WEDDING PLANNING PROCESS?
Don’t settle for something you don’t want when it comes to vendors, decor, location, etc. People will try to change your vision but it is your wedding. As long as you and your fiance are happy that is all that matters.
WHO WAS A PART OF YOUR WEDDING VENDOR TEAM?
- Photographer | Meagan C Photography
- Videographer | Thompson Audio/Vision
- Event Coordinator, Caterer & Florist | Swan’s Landing
- Cake | Kayleigh Adams Cakes & Events
- Music & Photobooth | Beth Mitchell