Meet the Couple
- The Bride | Laura is a clinical mental health therapist at Bluegrass.org.
- The Groom | Carter is a veterinarian at Central KY Vet Center.
- Fun Facts | Laura & Carter are animal-lovers! They have 2 dogs, 2 cats, cows, horses and saltwater aquarium fish!
- Honeymoon Destination | Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- First Dance Song | The wedding version of “Never Stop” by Safetysuit.
Erin, tell us your story…
TELL US YOUR Love story
Carter and I met in high school. We were just friends for about a year before dating. In this time, he picked on me but he now claims that was him “flirting”. The summer before he went off to his freshman year at Morehead State we started dating (August 2010) and we’ve been together ever since! We attended Morehead State together for our undergrad and Auburn University in Alamba for grad school. We got engaged right before Christmas in December 2016. He proposed at The Galt House in Louisville, KY overlooking the skyline. It was perfect!
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR WEDDING AT WARRENWOOD MANOR?
Warrenwood is beautiful and I knew I wanted a barn incorporated into the wedding since we both grew up on farms. The beautiful manor was a huge bonus. I loved the facilities we had to get ready in, the grounds were immaculate, and during our planning meetings, Brittney was so nice, accommodating, and loved on our dogs. The staff at Warrenwood was absolutely amazing!
Why did you choose your wedding date?
We wanted a spring wedding for the beautiful colors and warm but not too hot temperatures. My color palette was definitely spring themed before we had even chosen our date! I knew before I even got engaged that I wanted a pale pink dress, and Warrenwood happened the have the perfect late May date open for us.
In what way did you personalize your wedding?
- We included our fur babies in our ceremony, and they were able to spend the reception with us in the barn.
- We also did a tree planting during our ceremony (with dirt from each of our childhood homes), and have the tree planted at our house now.
- As favors, we gave all our guests tiny trees to take home.
- We had a personalized cake topper, cupcakes and cookies in our favorite flavors, monogrammed koozies and napkins.
OF ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS OF YOUR WEDDING DAY, WHICH DO YOU CHERISH THE MOST?
I loved getting ready with my best friends and my mom. I had the BEST crew helping me get ready. Lauren Prather and Caroline Lee Makeup were an amazing glam team! My photographer, Emily Wakin, also made me laugh the entire day. There was also a time after the ceremony was over that everyone went into the house for drinks/hors d’oeuvres. Carter and I were able to get some alone time and got some of my favorite pictures of the day by the lake. It was a special moment for us to process the day and celebrate how excited we were.
WHAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAPPENED ON YOUR WEDDING DAY?
My dog, Kodi, started barking during the ceremony because he saw the cows in the field behind us. I wasn’t phased by it at all, it just added character to the day!
What is something about your wedding that you thought you would care about, but ended up not?
I originally really wanted an outdoor ceremony, but the rain was spotty on the wedding day. We decided we didn’t want to risk it, so we set everything up in the barn for the ceremony and reception. It ended up being beautiful, and I even had people tell me they liked it better that way! We still got outdoor pictures and didn’t risk anyone getting rained on.
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A NEWLY ENGAGED COUPLE STARTING THE WEDDING PLANNING PROCESS?
Buy a wedding planning binders! It helped me cover everything that I might not have thought of. I also highly recommend talking with potential vendors before you book them. It is really important that your personality meshes well with your photographer, hair and makeup artists, and venue owners/coordinators! I was so lucky to have such a great supporting me. And lastly, engage in lots of self-care along the way to decrease stress! Make sure to go on lots of dates and spend time with friends and family! 🙂
WHO WAS A PART OF YOUR WEDDING VENDOR TEAM?
- Photographer | Emily Wakin Photography
- Makeup | Caroline Lee Makeup
- Hair | Lauren Prather
- Florist | Amy LoBianco
- Cake | Bluegrass & Buttercream
- Officiant | Jeff Eller
- Music | DJ Lexo
- Caterer | City BBQ
- Rentals | Oasis Productions