Danville, Kentucky is the perfect place to host a wedding with southern charm and a comfortable small-town feel. Full of historic details and unique attractions, Danville is known as the City of Firsts and the Birthplace of the Bluegrass for the role it has played in US and Kentucky history. Danville has a wide variety of things to do, places to eat and places to stay. Together these amenities can make your wedding weekend truly special.
How to Get to Danville
Danville is located in central Kentucky a mere 40 miles from the Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX) and just under 70 miles from Louisville International Airport (SDF). For those of you who fly privately, flights can even be booked into the Danville-Boyle County Airport (DVK) which is just 2 miles from Warrenwood Manor.
Where to Stay in Danville
Lodging with Local Flare
- Bowman Bungalow is a cozy home near the Centre College campus, a top-ranked liberal arts university.
- The Connor House offers convenience and comfort on the same street as the Bowman Bungalow.
- Stay Over Danville is the perfect loft retreat looking over Danville’s Main Street.
- Get a taste of history and enjoy views of the bluegrass while staying at Chaplin Hill Bed & Breakfast.
- Make the most of your wedding weekend by staying at the eclectic SoFo Overlook in downtown Danville.
- Wilderness Road Guest Houses & Rooms combine a love of Kentucky history and southern hospitality in each guest house. Pro tip: Rent the entire row so you and your guests can spend the weekend together!
Where to Eat in Danville
- Enjoy an eclectic menu with Brazilian flare in a distillery setting at The Still!
- Harvey’s serves up delicious southern-style comfort food in a laid back atmosphere.
- Treat yourself to donuts or sweet treats at historic Burke’s Bakery.
- For a full selection of healthy food options, try Plank on Main.
- Hop on over to Bluegrass Pizza & Pub for New York-style pizza and craft beers.
- Visit a local non-profit with delicious and unique food options at Grace Cafe.
- Find unique culinary creations and a wide selection of bourbon at Jane Barleycorn’s.
- Don’t forget to stop for coffee at The Hub!
- Cattleman’s Roadhouse is your quintessential steakhouse that will satisfy the whole family.
What to Do in Danville
- Get your sweat on at a yoga, spin or barre class at Plank on Main!
- Enjoy biking? Danville has many unique Bike Trails to give a spin.
- Enjoy an afternoon of hiking & history at Shaker Village.
- Get a firsthand look at one of the most well-known battles of the Civil War at Perryville Battlefield.
- Spend some time with friends out on one of Danville’s many golf courses.
- Get to know the locals and find some tasty treats at the Farmer’s Market in Constitution Square.
- Visit some local legends on a Kentucky Horse Farm Tour.
- Taste on some good ole Kentucky Bourbon while visiting Wilderness Trace Distillery and the other distilleries on the Bourbon Trail and Craft Bourbon Trail.
- Catch a show at Norton Center for the Arts!
Other Wedding Essentials
There are always a few wedding details that seem to slip through the cracks! If you forget something in the midst of all the hustle and bustle, Danville has you covered.
- Hobby Lobby has the last minute decor you need!
- Stop by Liquor Barn to stock your bar or make your wedding day mimosas!
- TJMAXX is your one stop shop for all your apparel, home goods and accessory needs.
- Lowes has all the tools you may need to throw your perfect day together.
- Walmart & Kroger are conveniently located for last-minute grocery and basic purchases.
From amenities to lodging and everything in between, Danville, KY offers the perfect small-town getaway for your destination wedding.
If you’re still not sure whether a destination wedding is a good fit for you and your event, check out Why a Destination Wedding May Be Perfect For You and 8 Questions to Answer Before You Start Wedding Venue Shopping.
Visit Danville’s website to learning more about what Danville, Kentucky has to offer. If you’re interested in learning more about what Warrenwood Manor, in particular, has to offer, please visit our website or reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The images in this post were taken by The Malicotes with flowers from Wild Roots Farmer Florist. The model, Maddie Duff of Otte Style, had her glam done by Blush & Glow Lex and is wearing a Heidi Elnora dress.