Classical, indy, country, pop, rap or rock – Regardless of which genre is your jam, be sure to choose specific songs for key moments on your wedding day. Here are the 11+ moments we think you’ll want to pick out a song for in advance.
4 Songs for Your Wedding Ceremony
Pre-selected these four ceremony songs for when:
- The Family & Wedding Party is coming into the ceremony
- The Bride/Groom is coming down the aisle
- The couple is doing their unity ceremony
- When the couple kisses and exits the ceremony
7+ Songs for Your Wedding Reception
Pre-selected these seven reception songs to play during:
- The grand entrance of the newlyweds & their wedding party into the reception
- The cake cutting
- The newlywed’s first dance
- Any special dances done with parents (ex. father / daughter dance and/or mother/son dance)
- Any special traditions (ex. bouquet toss and/or garter toss)
- The last dance of the night
- The newlywed’s send off
5 Times To Give Your DJ Freedom
You may be tempted to make a playlist of every single song you want played on your wedding day, but that would be a mistake. Not only is making a playlist time consuming for you, it is also mildly insulting to a DJ. A strict playlist doesn’t allow your DJ to read the crowd and make adjustments. Instead, talk to your DJ in advance about the vibe you want your event to have. They can then use their skills to set the appropriate mood and create the experience you want to have. Here are five specific times we believe it is best to trust your DJ to choose the music.
- Before the ceremony as guests arrive
- After the ceremony as guests exit
- During cocktail hour
- During dinner service
- While the dance floor is open
* BONUS * 2 Wedding Music Tips
- Have music playing throughout the day as you are getting ready with your wedding party. This brings energy and entertainment to the entire day!
- Don’t overthink your song selections. Trust your gut to pick songs that you already know and love.
Pin these wedding music tips for later!
Contact us if you would like to learn more about hosting your wedding at Warrenwood Manor!
Featured images were taken by Dani Ford Photography.
Be the first to comment